19 December 2018
Creative industry experts discuss their role in the business sector.
Attendees at LBV’s latest business networking meet-up event got an insight into some of the key new areas for creative businesses in Leicester. A diverse range of external speakers prompted a wide-ranging discussion about topics including virtual reality, 360 video production, cognitive computing, artificial intelligence, digital design and corporate architecture.
The event, held at the LCB Depot in Leicester on 14 December 2018, showcased the creative industry’s critical role in all business sectors.
External speakers included:
- James Burkmar – Workspace Manager, LCB Depot
- Nils Feldmann – award-winning Leicester architect, Feldmann Architects
- Jim Willis – Managing Director of independent digital design agency, Bulb Studios
- Alex Rühl – award-winning 360 VR filmmaker and Director of CATS are not PEAS
- Bernard Szczech – Director and Chief Executive of the IBM Client Innovation Centre
Dafydd Prichard, LBV Board Member and Managing Director of Cite, said: “Leicester’s creative community is extremely strong but we’re always keen to discuss ways in which the wider business community can increase engagement with the creative industries to grow business opportunities.
“This event was a good opportunity to talk about how some of the real innovations going on within the creative sector can impact other businesses as we welcome a new generation of ‘creative technologists’.”
News and events
The project is funded by the UK Space Agency and aims to assess the ke...
With fewer than 50 days until 29 March, when the UK is due to leave th...
You’re invited to join us at our Lunchtime Meetup for March R...
Held in partnership with East Midlands Council and Midlands Connect, t...