30 October 2023
Leicestershire Business Voice (LBV) has a vacancy for a Non-Executive Board Director to join our team of dedicated business professionals from organizations across Leicester and Leicestershire.
LBV sits at the heart of our local business community to help facilitate and promote Leicester and Leicestershire as a great place for business. We provide representation, information and guidance to enhance the business voice. We support our growing membership and the wider business community at local and regional levels. We help local businesses to thrive by working with local and regional decision makers to shape and influence policy affecting our economy.
LBV hosts a range of different themed events throughout the year with guest speakers from key stakeholders to interest, educate and enable our members to meet with and discuss key topics impacting their businesses.
We are also continuing to develop our links with local business groups and key stakeholders such as East Midlands Chamber, the Leicester and Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership, Federation of Small Businesses, Leicester City Council, Leicestershire County Council and our three local universities.
Our team of Non-Executive Board Directors are committed to providing a real voice for the Leicester and Leicestershire business community.
· A Non-Executive Director’s organisation shall be a member of LBV and the Non-Executive Director should hold a senior position within the business.
· A demonstrable ability to communicate effectively.
· High levels of motivation and enthusiasm to promote the local business community and for LBV to enhance its position at local, regional and national levels.
· Knowledge of business and strategic planning and budgeting.
· Knowledge and experience of the needs of the local business community.
· The ability to work in a team, with individuals holding different interests and opinions.
· A Non-Executive Director shall have the standards of behaviour encapsulated in relevant legislation. They will undertake and accept all fiduciary duties and responsibilities as determined by the LBV Articles of Association.
· Review and approve the Annual Accounts.
· Be an effective Ambassador for LBV.
· Attend at least two-thirds of all monthly Board meetings.
· Review LBV’s performance against its strategy and budget on a regular basis.
· Support the activities of LBV in any way that they are able.
· Work collectively with other members of the Board to give direction to, and ensure the smooth running of, all aspects of the LBV.
If you’re interested in joining the friendly LBV Board, please contact [email protected] with a letter detailing your experience, CV and why you want to be considered for the role.
News and events
LBV sits at the heart of our local business community to help facilita...
Last year, against a challenging background for local businesses, we w...
Join us for an evening of laughter and good cheer with fellow LBV memb...
Leicestershire Business Voice’s AI for Business October event focuse...